Oyster Mushroom Tacos with Sweet Mango Salsa
These vegetarian tacos are fresh and healthy, but oh-so-delicioso! Note: This dish is best served with my Pineapple Guacamole.
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red, green, or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 5 ounces oyster mushrooms, shredded with your hands or thinly sliced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas, warmed
Sweet Mango Salsa
- 1 mango, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon agave
To make the Mushroom Filling: In medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms until soft and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano and let cook a few more minutes until fragrant. If spices stick to the skillet, add water as needed. Add black beans and let cook until heated through. Adjust seasoning to taste.
To make the Sweet Mango Salsa: Toss all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
To assemble the tacos: Fill tortillas with the Mushroom Filling and top with a spoonful of Sweet Mango Salsa.